Premier League Saturday
Burnley v Bournemouth
What has happened to Burnley?……..last season they were proving a very difficult team to beat but it is a totally different scenario this time around. They should not be panicking just yet but bottom of the league and just a solitary point to show so far for their endeavours tells us that they are clearly struggling and there for the taking.
The stats show that Burnley are struggling defensively and they have faced more shots on goal so far this season than any other premier league side (103 in total) and with Eddie Howe’s Cherries starting to blossom (no pun intended) then this could be another tough afternoon for Sean Dyche’s men.
The upturn in Bournemouth’s fortunes has coincided with the excellent play of Ryan Fraser who has scored three and assisted two of Bournemouth’s tally of ten goals so far.
Best Bet: Ryan Fraser to score and Bournemouth to win at 5/1 with Skybet.
Burnley v Bournemouth stats
– Each of the last six league encounters between Burnley and Bournemouth have seen both sides on the scoresheet,
– Bournemouth have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 Premier League away games.
– Defender James Tarkowski is Burnley’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with two goals from two shots on target.
Cardiff City v Manchester City
Cardiff have had a very tough start to life back in the Premiership and that looks set to continue against a Man City side that have not yet been at their best. As mentioned in last weeks preview they seem to be missing Kevin De Bruyne and that was shown in the midweek Champions League reverse to Lyon.
City have a great record after competing in Europe and they must surely hold too many guns for Cardiff. The recent contract conclusion with Sergio Aguero will also help and this looks a pretty straightforward task for Pep Guardiola’s side.
Cardiff are sure to play this one tight, but sitting back against City could be the wrong move and an early goal looks on the cards.
Best Bet: With an early goal on the cards we’ll side with Raheem Sterling at EVS with Blackytype as an anytime scorer and it may also pay to back Sterling at 22/1 with Boylesports to net a treble.
Cardiff City v Manchester City stats
– Cardiff City have won just one of their 14 Premier League games against the ‘big six’ sides (W1 D1 L12), losing each of their last 10 and conceding 30 goals in the process.
– Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League games against promoted sides (W16 D5)
– Manchester City haven’t lost any of their last 31 Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday (W27 D4)
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Well it looks once again as this will be the “Wilfred Zaha” show. It is amazing how Palace seem to get a result when Zaha is on the field and this week should be no different against a Newcastle side who are still struggling and look out of their depth.
However you have to realise they have already played 4 of the big teams so it is these sort of games where Benitez must summon his troops, and a point away from home would be step in the right direction, even give the fact that they have a poor record when playing in the capital.
Not really much to get enthused about here and it could be a low scoring game with Newcastle sure to be trying to contain Zaha.
Best Bet: Draw at half time at 11/10 with Bet365
Crystal Palace v Newcastle stats
– Crystal Palace have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games against Newcastle United (W1 D4 L5)
– Following a run of four wins in a row, Newcastle have won just one of their last 10 Premier League matches.
– Wilfried Zaha has scored 75% of Crystal Palace’s Premier League goals this season.
Leicester City v Huddersfield Town
The home side have certainly been in and out so far but must surely have too much at home to a Huddersfield side that are clearly struggling to find the back of the net.
With Jamie Vardy back in the fray and on home territory then odds against the Foxes star man getting on the scoresheet looks one of the best bets of the day.
Vardy is just getting back into the swing of things after this summer World Cup and should now be back to peak sharpness.
Best Bet: Jamie Vardy to score at anytime at 5/4 with Paddy Power.
Leicester City v Huddersfield Town stats
– Leicester City have won eight of their last nine league games against Huddersfield (D1)
– Huddersfield have failed to score in 55.8% of their total Premier League games (24/43)
– Huddersfield have won just one of their last 15 Premier League games (D6 L8)
Liverpool v Southampton
Undoubtedly the best side in the Premiership so far this season, Liverpool are playing with style and ferocity and manager Jurgen Klopp seems to have installed a belief that has not been seen at Anfield for a long time.
It’s a long road to the silverware dished out in May, but it would be a brave man to say Liverpool won’t be there come the end of the season.
The midweek win against the mega money PSG will have only fuelled the hype and coming into a home game against a struggling Southampton should see a routine home win.
Mark Hughes did come out last week and mention that his team seem to have a mental block playing at home, so maybe we could see a more fluid display and this could turn into a goal feast.
Best Bet: Over 4.5 goals at 14/5 with Unibet
Liverpool v Southampton stats
– Southampton have won just three of their 19 Premier League visits to Anfield (W3 D6 L10)
– Liverpool are looking to start to top-flight campaign with six consecutive wins for the third time in their history.
– Since the start of last season, Southampton have dropped more points from winning positions than any other current Premier League side.
Manchester United v Wolves
This is a great game for betting purposes as you have the fluidity of Wolves attacking play which has been a joy to watch so far this season and you have the other element of the home side still be shackled by the managers defensive tactics.
The last couple of weeks has seen United win a couple of games and the midweek Champions League win will have bred confidence.
Of course the on off relationship between Pogba and Mourinho has been a running saga, but the Frenchman scored a brace during the week and could easily get on the scoresheet again.
But it is another Frenchman who could steal the show this afternoon………Anthony Martial.
Wolves have been very fluid in attack but have struggled tio find the back of the net. They are sure to go to Old trafford all guns blazing and this will suit Mourinho’s counter attacking strategy.
It could therefore be end to end stuff and if martial gets another start then he has the pace and skill to cause Wolves real problems.
This could easily turn into a high scoring game.
Wolves should have a decent amount of possession and given the nature of their play will make sure this is an open game (they had 30 attempts against Burnley but only scored once)
Best bet: Anthony Martial to score anytime at 2/1 with Marathon and Blackytype.
Manchester United v Wolves stats
– Manchester United have won their last six league games against Wolves at Old Trafford.
– Manchester United have lost just one of their last 49 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W42 D6)
– Manchester United’s Alexis Sánchez has been directly involved in 19 goals in 22 Premier League appearances against promoted sides (15 goals, 4 assists).